January 18, 2010

Funny How Something So Small Can Cause So Many Problems



Poker is going well. Winning a little and play decently. I have scheduled a stats analysis session with mpethybridge from 2p2 on Saturday. Supposedly this guy knows his shit when it comes to finding leaks (not that a blind man couldn't find mine) so I'm excited to here what he has to say. My guess is that he'll look around at my stats for a minute or two, tell me to stop being such a spewtard and take my money, but we'll see.

In other news, my wife is going in tomorrow to have her gall bladder removed (hence that horror show of a pic at the top). She had gall stones (again see the pic) and they're causing her fits of pain. It first cropped up the Sunday after Christmas when she woke me up at 4:30 AM complaining of chest pains and shortness of breath! Scary shit right? So I called the ambulance and they took her to the hospital, gave her nitroglycerin (which helped), and ran a litany of tests (cardiac enzymes, cat scan, stress test) to rule out heart problems. After being in the hospital for 24 hours or so they said it was probably an esophageal contraction and that it would likely never happen again, no worries.

All was fine until this past Wednesday evening when the exact same thing happened. Again I called the ambulance (fast entry to the emergency room and I can wait for someone to sit with Harlan before going in). Again they gave her nitro and again they wanted to run the same basic tests. This time however my wife mentioned her gall bladder to the Doc (someone had asked her if they checked it the previous time) and though he was skeptical he said it wouldn't hurt to check. Fast forward 5 hours and they're releasing her with orders to consult with a surgeon the following day, they had found the stone and the gall bladder needed to come out. So that leaves us where we are right now with her surgery scheduled for 11:30 today. I'll be staying home with the boy and her mom is going with her. If all goes well it will be an outpatient deal and she'll be home early tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed.

Anyway, that's it. I'll update her condition next time.

2 comments:

Custo said...

I've got my fingers crossed for you mate. I'll try to keep more regular updates too, even if they are ramblings, like tonight.

Hope all is well mate and Harlan is giving you at least 3 hours sleep per night. (Count urself lucky to get even that, I do!)

Internet Poker said...

Hey man, I dont know you and this is the first time I've read your blog. Just wanted to say I hope your wife has a successful op, cant imagine what your going through! tc mate and make sure to make an update post.