January 13, 2010

I'm Back Bitches!



Yeah, you read it right, I'm back. Since my last post I had my son, plenty of pics of him at His Blog if you're interested. He was born a month early and spent 12 days in the NICU but he's great now and growing like a weed (18 lbs. at the Dr's office today).

I'm just now getting back into playing any real amount of poker (12K hands so far this month). I think from the time he was born (Oct. 7th) through the end of the year I played ~25K hands. It just seemed like there was always something else to do or that he needed to be fed/held/changed/whatever. Don't get me wrong I'd never trade any time with him for a few thousand hands but it really did put a slow down on my pokery time.

So what's changed? Well he's sleeping a little better now so I have some time to play when he's down. So I've been taking advantage and actually putting in longish sessions for me (2-3 hrs per). I think a lot of it springs from reading LeatherAss's book "Treat Your Poker Like A Business". It's really quite good at the motivational type stuff.

I also made the jump back up to 100nl FR this month. As many of you know I've been attempting this move for WAY too long now (50>100>50>100 repeat until your head spins). I'd been dicking around at 50HUNL in December and toyed with the idea of playing that through the start of the year but despite winning at a pretty huge rate the swings were brutal and I just didn't think I wanted to subject my fragile little brain to that (I'll leave the HU to eNTy's fragile little brain). So when I decided to go back to FR I figured it was time for another 100nl shot. So far it's been OK. I've won a couple hundred despite taking some beats (8 BI's below AIEV whatever that's worth). Biggest thing is that so far I've managed to play without tilting too badly. So no super spew just yet but when I do I'll be sure to post it here.

Well that's it for now. If anyone's still out there I'll be back to posting at least semi regularly now. I'm never going to be an every day blogger but I might try to put some random crap up at least once a week.

Oh yeah, I have no idea about the video at the top but it was the 1st thing that came up when I did a search for this post's title.

1 comment:

Jurn8 said...

YO WV, good to see you back man!

GL with the pokers! Pics of Harlan are cool with him in his WV gear its cool!

GL dude