February 28, 2010

Feb. Update



Wow, can't believe I haven't posted here yet this month. Things have been going really well. All's well with the wife and the baby is awesome. He's getting so big. It seems like he does something completely new and incredible every day. The pic above is one of my favorites from this month.

Poker has also been treating me very well. After my last post here I had my session with mpethybridge which I though went great. He really helped me to see some really basic spots were I was spewing $$s. Since our session I've played ~21K hands at 100nl with a running hot WR over 5BB/100 (it's actually over 7BB/100 this month). Now I'm not dumb enough to think that WR is sustainable but I def. think, just by eliminating the spew mpethy pointed out, I'll end up with a very nice bottom line.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend his service to anyone. He really knows his stuff and I'd be willing to bet that he can save you the cost of his session very easily.

I also was challenged to a HU match (best of 3 HU SnGs) by PokerChild69 at CC. I tried to get some real trash talk going to build up to it, but he took things a bit too seriously so basically it was just us playing some poker (how boring). We played yesterday and I ended up luckboxing my way to a 2-1 win. We both had some major suckouts in our respective matches. PC actually played OK but he was a bit too willing to get AI with some pretty weak holdings. Oh well at least I won and now I get to give the proceeds away for people to play in the charity tournament that has been set up to honor MrMuckets. He was a CC reg. and genuinely good human who passed away last year due to complications from heart surgery. He'll be missed.

As for March, I'm in a small volume prop bet with some of the kids over at CC. I'm supposed to play 25K hands or I owe $25. We'll see how that goes. My guess is that I'll end up paying out $25!

Guess that's about it. Good luck to all in March.

1 comment:

Danny said...

Hey, I hope all is good with the kid, they do grow up so fast eh! You planning an update for March as I enjoy reading your posts!