May 31, 2008

Biggest Leak

It's called a leak because it causes you to lose money slowly and consistently. Even though I generally play a tight game I sometime fall into the trap of cold calling in relatively early position with a couple of pretty looking cards. The problem isn't calling with these cards, it's calling without a good certainty that we'll actually get to see a flop for the current bet amount. In this hand we do get the see the flop and we wisely fold to a cbet. Yes, I really had to look hard through today's 200 hands to find a real mistake and that's a great thing.



Incidentally in 200 hands today I had 32 hands where I won money and I went to showdown (SD) exactly ZERO times in hands that I won and only went to SD 3 times overall (all losers). +16ptbb/100 overall today.

No comments: