January 10, 2009

Above the X-axis!

Well we're 10 days into January and after my oh so shitty start, chronicled below, I've finally made my way back into the green!



I've played a ton of poker for me (almost 10K hands or an average day for Zachvac) thus far and I guess the start of the month was just some bad variance that led to some pretty bad tilt. The last few days I've been generally on the good side of variance and I'm playing better as a result. I did make a few small changes, upping my flop cbet by about 7% (57% first 5 days to 65% last 5 days) and I've just been more aggressive overall. Some of the number changes are surely attributed to just running well and hitting more flops but I really have made a conscious effort to cbet more. There is a really good cbetting discussion over on CardsChat right now. Check it out here.

I'd like to thank those who left words of encouragement after my last rant. They are always appreciated.

I'll leave you with my favorite hand from tonight's session:

2 comments:

Icemonkey9 said...

Congrats on getting yourself back to even. Now get ready for a 4k breakeven stretch, and I kid you not. It's just how it always goes :)

Memphis MOJO said...

Now that's more like it!