January 5, 2009

January SUCKS!

Ok so far this month, I've played 4300 hands (trying to get that $100 Jagsti bonus). In those 4300 hands I've won 3 full stacks. In those same 4300 hands I've lost 12 full fucking stacks. It's set over set. It's KK v. AA. It's AA v villain's flopping fucking sets in 3bet pots. It's villains slowplaying fucking KK and AA preflop every fucking time I hold QQ. It's all this shit adding up to me fucking tilting and shipping stacks with weird random shit when the villain holds the immortal fucking nuts. It's the fucking bonus chasing bullshit. It's running bad and playing worse. It's the fact that when I do take somebody's stack they are a fucking short-stacking POS!

Here now for your viewing pleasure is every full stack hand I've played the first 2 days of the year. I'd show them all but they get pretty repetitive after a while. Besides you get the point, I suck at the pokers.

Day 1:










Day 2:








End result is that I've dropped almost 11 buy-ins in 4 days. I'm dropping back to 25nl for a bit while I see if I really can play this game. I'm actually starting to think that I had the world's luckiest bout of beginner's luck when I started playing cash and this is just the universe righting itself. Guess we'll see.

3 comments:

Jurn8 said...

Hope you can get back to winning ways WV. GL mate and wait for the big upswong !!

Icemonkey9 said...

What the heck WV, are you trying to do your best Icemonkey9-tilt impression? If so you're doing a damn fine job.

First - you are a good poker player. Are you awesome-great? No. Neither am I, and that's why we're both at 50nl still.

Second - These coolers are as gross as they get. Ask yourself honestly if they are due to you playing poorly? I'd say all but 1 or 2 are 100% coolers.

Third - Every player runs through a 8+ buyin downswing over the course of (if memory serves me right) 300k hands. I remember reading that in a book somewhere.

Fourth - Playing at 25nl is probably fine. I played 10nl for kicks the other day and it was actually therapeutic.

Fifth - Just find your right state of mind and get back that confidence. I usually rant on my blog, and then make a "the world is out to f-me" gameplay video. Then I get a "you run horrible" comment and the world seems to right itself.

ANYWAYS - find what works for you. Get the confidence back. You ARE a good player, no question.

Custo said...

Hi WV, I think Ice has summed it up perfectly. I am having the same problem as you this month mate, see below

http://custo80.blogspot.com/2009/01/far-king-el.html

All we can do is press on and play solid.

Nice blog btw, do you wanna crosslink?

Good luck for the rest of the month.