January 3, 2009

All that was. All that will be.

Little late on the whole reflecting back on the year that was / looking forward to the year ahead post but here it is anyway.

2008 Summary

I moved $200 of my online BR to Full Tilt at the beginning of last year and after delaying several months I finally started playing there in March full time. I started out above my BR at 25nl and thanks to a nice little heater never looked back. I had never really played a lot of cash games prior to the move but thanks to the fine posters over at CC I learned quickly and the first few months were nothing but profit. I managed to stay profitable until November and I lost modest amounts (with rakeback and a few tourneys included) in both November and December. Here is the obligatory cash graph:


And my monthly summary:


As you can see from the above chart I netted about $1850 profit from ring games and another $1225 from rackback for a total ring profit of ~$3075. I also manage to clear just over $1000 in tournament winnings (thanks largely to a ~$1K 4th place in the rakebreak freeroll). Throw in another $600 from bonuses and my total yearly winnings are a little better than $4500.

Not too shabby considering where I started (not to mention how I finished) and the fact that I really didn't start playing any real volume until June.

2009 Goals / Dreams / Why the fuck not


1. Play well
2. Tilt less
3. 500K hands*
4. $40K profits*
5. Have fun
6. Study
7. Post here more than I have been for a few months


Well that's it. Here's to a safe, happy and prosperous New Year for everyone. Good luck all.


* All numbers are inflated, see ChuckTs blog for the reason)

5 comments:

Jurn8 said...

Wheyy WV is back blogging, wondered where you had been mate.
Nice little profit last year and thankyou for all the help in 2008.
I hope you have a healthy and profitable 09.
Jake

GambleGamble said...

Nice to see you back. I missed your posts :).

I had a look at your PT3 picture and was wondering how you got your rakeback. Is it possible to graph it too?

Cheers

GambleGamble

WVHillbilly said...

Thanks guys.

You can find the PT3 RB stat in the repository at www.pokertracker.com Just search the repository for rakeback. As far as I know it can NOT be graphed at the moment.

Jay said...

Nice year WV, Hope 2009 goes just as well if not better. BTW lol at you playing 500k hands ;o).

I'll give you $100 if you make it!

WVHillbilly said...

Yeah, 500K and 40K are WAYYYYYYY out there but what the hell. I think you could have gone a little further on your offer though. Even if you'd said $10K I'd likely never manage to play 500K hands.