October 31, 2008

End of October Update

When it comes to poker, October was good. I ended up increasing my BR by $1900. I made my 1st withdrawal from Full Tilt (6 days from request to check). I played decently well and didn't tilt too often or too bad. I did have my share of losing sessions and you can tell tilt was still present because my losing sessions were usually quite large 3+ buy-ins on average, so I still have plenty of work to do. My winnings breakdown for the month looks like this:

NL50 FR (18K hands) = $550.00 (3 BB/100)
NL50 HU (493 hands) = $153.50 (31 BB/100)
20K FR + misc. tourneys = $940
Rakeback + Stox sub. = $175
Iron Man Bonus = $80

Obligatory cash graph:


Let's looks back at my goals for the month and see how I fared:

1) Play well - Check
2) Tilt less - Check (still plenty of room for improvement)
3) Recognize when I am losing that I might also be playing well - Never had this opportunity this month as I actually ran OK all month
4) Understand that when I am winning I may also be playing poorly - Same as #3
5) Quit better - Check, I actually managed to stop fairly well both when winning and when losing.

I guess I'm going to start November at NL100 and see how that goes even though I haven't played any FR since my buddy passed. I just haven't had any desire for that sort of grind. The only poker I've played since was some HU and a $1 CC buy-in tourney. I guess it's about time to get back at it.

As far as November goals, I think I'll just stick to the same ones I had this month as they seemed to work out fairly well.

6 comments:

Icemonkey9 said...

Hello my friend ... I've been meaning to drop you a line since you wrote about your friend's passing. I read that the day after my best friend got married, and it hit me pretty hard. You just never know in life, and we all have to enjoy and savor each and every moment we have with the ones we care about. My thoughts and prayers go out to you on that personal level.

Poker wise, congrats on the great month and the promotion to 100nl. I fully expect the same winrate. I sweated Zachvac and saw nothing I hadn't seen before at 200nl than I've seen so far so I expect you just have to get used to more tightish nits, more 3bets from position, and the right bet sizing through hands. Good luck and good skill in November.

Anonymous said...

HELLO MY FRIENDS I'M FUCKED UP WTF WTF WTF WTF TIME TO SPEND ON HOOOKERS AND BLOW WTF WHAT!?!

PS - THIS WORD TEST IS DESIGNED TO KEEP MOE FROM POSTING COMEMMENTS HERE BUT I WILL PERSEVER!

Don said...

Sorry to hear about your friend, WV. I'm glad you had a good month pokerwise, and I hope that you do even better in November.

Jay said...

Nice month for you poker wise WV, good luck with 100nl.

So sorry to hear about your friend, keep your chin up dude.

Jay

Jurn8 said...

Nice job in october WV keep it up in november things look good on the poker front for you bud!

Sorry to hear about your friend but do him proud at the tables buddy!

Memphis MOJO said...

Nice month!