October 15, 2008

October's Been Good To Me So Far


(No video)

Well as you may have surmised by my posts thus far this month things are going really well. I've yet to tilt (Sweet)! I'm bluffing much less. I'm not doing all those horribly dumb things that I used to post here so frequently. I know I am running good (1 buy-in over all-in EV) so I'll temper my excitement just a bit until the bad times hit, but for now I'll just enjoy the ride.

I've also been playing a ton more poker this month than usual. I'm at 13,200 hands played and I've only missed playing completely 1 day (WVU game), so I'm earning a good bit of rakeback as well (~$120). My winrate so far is just over 7BB/100 or just north of $1000 total. When you add in the $980 I won in the rakebreak.com free roll, you can see I have nothing to complain about. October sure seems to be trying to make up for how shitty September turned out to be.

Anyway, here the obligatory graph:


Note the NSD winnings are actually just below break even. As I posted earlier I think for me a relatively flat NSD winnings line is the tell that I'm playing my best poker, although having it be slightly positive wouldn't hurt.

Also since I don't post as much as I used to I guess I should throw in a hand here at the end to remind you and myself that I do still do some dumb shit even when I'm winning:



I choose this hand because this should be a auto fold to the BTNs (20/10/1.5) 3bet (6%). Not because his range has me crushed but because it's too hard to play AQ OOP post flop in a 3bet pot. This is the basic stuff that I know I shouldn't do, yet there I go calling his 3bet and donking into him on a nothing flop. Bad play on me.

2 comments:

Jay said...

Good good good......month WV, long may it continue m8. ;o)

Jurn8 said...

Good going WV keep up the good work and grinding buddy!! How did you work out how much rakeback you'd earnt though and how do i do it for myself on stars lol
Jake