October 1, 2008

Sucking In September

The month started bad at 6-max and ended bad at full ring. In the middle I played some decent poker, some bad poker, I got lucky a few times, and got shafted a ton. Overall September pretty well sucked.
So there it is, I lost ~ $70 at the cash game tables this month in a little over 16,000 hands. I did have the KO tourney win for $230, so the month ends up ever so slightly. With rakeback thrown into the mix my BR increased by ~$320 overall. Pretty disappointing.

My plan for October is to cut down on the number of tables I'm playing slightly to 6 and to try to avoid tilting quite so bad. Oh yeah, winning a few more hands when I get my $$ in good would be nice too.

In an attempt to detach myself from individual session results, I plan to update here only a few times each week and not update any dollars until mid-month. I'm going to attempt to avoid looking at and obsessing over my BR in general so posting those updates here would be counter to that.

Official goals for October:
1) Play well
2) Tilt less
3) Recognize when I am losing that I might also be playing well
4) Understand that when I am winning I may also be playing poorly
5) Quit better

Bring on October!

No comments: