October 13, 2008

Today Was A Good Day



Today was my rakeback site's, rakebreak.com, monthly 20K free roll. It's available to all RakeBreak and ThisIsTheNuts users who rake more than 500 points on Full Tilt in the previous month, which is the easiest thing in the world. I've played it several times before, when I remember to play, but have never cashed in my previous attempts. Well today that changed when I took down 5th place for a really nice bankroll boosting $980.

Here's my major suckout that occurred just before the bubble burst:


I really don't think my push was a mistake here as the villain was raising with a WIDE range (42/22/3), but it did take a major suckout to make the $$. It was the only time I won a hand the entire tournament when I wasn't at least a coin flip.

So after I completed the tourney I played a few cash tables and continued to run extremely well, in fact, I never lost a full stack in over 900 hands. Since my cash winning were well over $20, today was my 1st $1K day ever! So despite cashing out $500 on Friday, I'm now rolled to take my shot at NL100. I think I'll stick to NL50 for at least the remainder of the month and will evaluate the state of my game before moving up.

My next update will be my mid month review. Also if anyone is interested in joining RakeBreak contact me for my referral code, if you don't mind.

4 comments:

GambleGamble said...

Hey,

Brand new reader here. Have spent the last hour or so reading over your past blog entries. Just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed it and keep up the good writing :). Do you mind if I link it to my blog list?

Cheers
GambleGamble

FYI: I'm a struggling cash player just moving up to $50nl. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

WVHillbilly said...

Sure. I'll add a link to you as well.

Are you a CardsChat member? How did you find me?

You don't want my 6-max advice. It's basically just spew chips and hope for the best.

GambleGamble said...

Hey,

I can't remember how I found your blog. Probably just blog hopping, hoping for a decent one. Found yours and read away.

I haven't used Cardschat, just your standard 2+2er, although I'm definately losing faith in the lower stakes forums.

Good luck and look forward to your next post.'

Laters,

G

Memphis MOJO said...

Congrats on a nice day!