September 4, 2008

Donk v. Donk; Donk Wins!

Crazy ass session tonight. Basically I played break even poker except for 1 hand. That hand happened to be the craziest, stupidest, most stats based thing I've ever done at the poker table. Without further ado I present it to you here (names hidden to protect my future earnings):



Looks bad? Insane perhaps? Well perhaps it was. Villain here is a genuine 95/65/2 nut-job that I followed to this NL50 table after I stacked him at a NL25 table (albeit with a MUCH better hand). The UTG raiser was solid (17/12/3) but had definitely figured out the villain here (he'd taken over $100 from him thus far) and was trying to isolate him every chance he had so I didn't think his raise necessarily meant super strength. When the horrible player min-raised and the UTG raiser called, I thought it was a good spot to 4-bet bluff, but then I remembered the maniac would likely call with any 2. When I hit the 3 on the flop I figured I might as well carry through with the bluff and hope to fold any hands I was behind (obviously this would be impossible). When he called I figured I was done (oh yeah this was a snap-call as well, no thought required with QTos on a King high board!). When his cards were exposed I couldn't believe it. Not only had I 4bet A3 soooooooted, but I had somehow won said 4bet pot with bottom pair! Insanity.

Overall I ended tonight's session up $56 over 550 hands (don't know how to figure BB/100 since the session was mostly NL25 but the bulk of the $$ were won at NL50). Not sure what to think of 6-max thus far. I think I may be getting a little to crazy-aggressive against some opponents (maybe that explains the madness above) and I think that's costing me $$. I do find the number of near 100 VP$IP rather amazing at these 6-max tables. If I could just control my own game I'm sure they'd be very profitable.

No comments: