September 12, 2008

Inauspicious Beginnings And Flopping Quads

Tonight's session started rough. Really rough. Here are my 1st and 5th hands of the night:



First hand. No prior hands. Not sure if I should be calling his river bet here. I guess with this board I almost have to. Then, moments later, this:



This one sucked. I actually went on to another table and didn't see the suckout. Wasn't till the table came back up that I saw what happened. Oh well.

So after that beginning to the night things could only get better right? Sure did.



It's nice when AA decides not to push preflop, well as long as your QQ flops well. Actually I was certainly stacking against this guy preflop had he pushed. He was 38/9/3 so my QQ was likely good against his range. Just not this time. At least until after the flop.

And then a few hands later the definition of flopping good:


This guy (41/21/3) was loose preflop but generally gave up to aggression postflop so I slowplay my absolute monster and just wait for him to start throwing money at me. Wish he had a bigger stack, then I could have raised the turn and likely still have got it all. Oh well he ended up donating $105 to my cause before I left the table. Nice guy.

All total since my last post (2 sessions) I've won $98.55 over 900 hands (10.9BB/100). Certainly running so much better since switching back to FR. Flopping well helps.

1 comment:

Jurn8 said...

Great come back WV especially after the rough start you did well not to tilt and carried on playing poker! Nice winning at the tables over those 900 hands buddy!
Jake