September 1, 2008

End Of August Update

Well, I've played zero poker in the last 2 days. I went to opening day for my Mountaineers on Saturday to witness the offensive display put forth by Pat White and the boys. It was a great day of tailgating and football. I love Morgantown in the fall. Then I all day yesterday was spent with fantasy football drafts, 3 of them to be exact. It's the same basic group of core friends in each league but each league is slightly different (keeper, redraft, and auction). Draft day is always a full day of beer drinking, trash talking, football fun and yesterday was no exception. Good times.

Now to sum up poker in August; SHIT.

Graph:




Rackback again added just over 1BB/100 to the total above so August ends up a total of $377.94.

My goals at the beginning of the month now look stupid but here they are:
August Goals

1) 15,000 hands at 50NL - Failed (14,060 total)

2) Withdrawal 1/2 of my August profit (or $500 whichever is less): Hahahaha No!

3) Maintain a win rate of at least 5.5 BB/100: Not even fucking close

4) Grow my bankroll by $500 after withdrawal: Not even without a withdrawal

5) Quit spewing chips pushing with under pairs and crap draws (they're not going to fold): Nope still stupid

6) Tilt less. Uhhhhhhh.....No

7) Post at least 5 hands for analysis on CC: I think I only managed 4

8) Watch a ton of videos over at Stox. : Some but not enough



So now it's time to post some simple goals for September:

1) Stay positive (in every way)

2) At least 5K hands at 6-max because well everyone else is doing it and seemingly having great success.

2 comments:

Icemonkey9 said...

If I might make a suggestion ... study the 25nl 6max videos by Ed Miller and Leatherass on Stox, and immediately put in the 5k hands for 6max now right at the beginning of the month. I wouldn't switch between FR and 6max sessions from one to the other. The change in pace should help you as it did for me.

ChuckTs said...

I have to agree with sticking to one game. They're just too different to switch back and forth.

I also want to say that setting monetary goals is a pretty bad idea. Setting goals for something you can't control and then feeling like you failed when you don't achieve them is a bad way to go about things. Goals on # of hands, # of videos watched, etc are things you can control.

If you haven't already, go watch some of the classroom videos. imo they're the cream of the crop from stox, and I only wish they'd make some more of them.