September 23, 2008

The Downward Spiral

Haven't posted lately because basically poker sucks. In my last 3,331 hands I'm down $321.40 or -9.65BB/100. Sucks. I've essentially given back all of September's ring profits once again. Up and down. Up and down. Never gaining. Just moving ever up and down. I guess it could be worse and just be down and down.

Here are the most horrible hands from the bunch:



Unknown raises from MP and I flat from the worst position at the table. I then proceed to "slowplay" (basically because it's hard to play OOP) and ultimately I play off the big raise on the end. Horrific from start to finish. Don't play like this kids.



Here I make a serious mistake. I try to never call a AI preflop against a tight player (12/8/3) with AK. But a little tilted call now and then slips through. This is invariably the result.



Villain here wasn't very good but on the river what do I really beat? Answer not a whole fucking lot but my calling station ass calls anyway. I just had to "see it"!!!! It's an illness (and an expensive one).



Bluffing is fun. Bad bluffing is expensive. Piss poor play is expensive. Tilting is expensive. Shoving 3rd pair as a check-raise on the river. Priceless, as long as by priceless you mean expensive!

My entire bad run hasn't all been crap like the hands above but these type of hands don't help. I mean having 3 villains in a row hit 3 outers on the river sucks, but then when I give away another 3 stacks due to stupidity it just compounds the issue. Oh and since I see so many using all-in EV to "prove" how bad they're running, I'm $290 below all-in EV over these last 3330 hands and I'm over 8 buy-ins below EV at nl50. I'm sure it'll all even out soon.

Fingers crossed chin up.

1 comment:

Icemonkey9 said...

You make it hard to comment on your hands since you already seem to know your problems :)

Hand 1: KJo from the SB? Even to a minraise I'm not sure what the thinking was there. Obv the c/c on the flop was brutal.

Hand 2: Great squeeze move, I like that bc it's the right play! His shove with his line makes it a dicey call but not absolutely horrible but you had to figure you were gambling here since he really was representing JJ-AA or AK.

Hand 3: Not a huge fan of 3betting TT from the CO preflop. You were in a WA/WB on the flop so that was a good check. Not sure why you called there on the turn.

Hand 4: With the button that's actually a nice 3bet spot IMO. I know ... I'm weird between the plays of the BTN and CO but the btn ensures you have position. Gives you some power on the flop too if you had done that for a cbet that would have taken it. I think you were going for a float play on the flop? I don't know what the reasoning was there outside of tilty play. You called I guess mining for a straight or a flush ... you had neither going for you so this was CLEARLY a place to fold.

So ... from this extremely small sample do you think the problem is too loose play from the EP and blinds and not aggressive enough play from the BTN? Just me trying to help bud. I hope it turns around soon.