September 6, 2008

It's Been Awhile

Not in love with 6-max like so many fellow CCers seem to be. The main problem seems to be that I turn into a giant spewtard (yes, even more so than when I play FR). My aggression goes through the roof (current AF over 8) and I stupidly try to blow my opponents off pots with huge, stupid overbets. These work just fine when my opponents have nothing or small hands. The problem is that when my opponents have big hands, I'm losing BIG pots. So I'm winning small and losing big. Hard to make any $$ doing that. Here's how the NL25 6-max 5K experiment stands thus far; 1900 hands, -$15.85, -.85BB/100.

After last nights 6-max session (-$100) I'd had enough so I did something I haven't done for quite some time, I loaded up a $11 KO tourney on Full Tilt. End result:


Yes, that's right, I ended up winning the thing for a total profit (with KOs) over $235! Nice little pick me up. I had some really nice hands when I needed them (you know won flips, stole blinds, etc.). In the end the defining hand played itself (the 1st hand of HU BTW):


3 hands later and it was all over. I haven't won a MTT in over 3 months, not that I play many, but it was still nice.

No comments: