August 29, 2008

A Little 6-Max To Get Right

I played 2 sessions tonight. The 1st was my standard 8 table NL50 full-ring session. It sucked. I ended up cutting it short at only 300 hands and while down $58 (-19.5BB/100). I closed Full Tilt and realized that I might not have made the required points for the day to hit gold level Iron Man (I needed 1 more day over 100 FTPs to hit it). So sure enough I logged back in to check and I was 10 points short! Well that meant I HAD to play again but instead on NL50 FR I decided to sit down at 4 NL25 6max tables since I've seen all the cool kids over at CC playing 6max! Anyway I killed. These guys were stacking with any pair it seemed. It's like if you take away 3 seats the collective IQ drops to an average of 60! Anyway I played 300 hands there and finished up $75 (48BB/100). So net profit over 600 hands of $17. Better than if I'd quit after session 1, but I will admit that sitting back down to hit some stupid number may be the dumbest reason ever to play.

Anyway here's a little 6-max stupidity:


Villain (70/13/6) and I here have a bit of history as I've taken his $10 buy-in twice in ~45 hands. I've also 3bet him several times thus far and he's decided he's had enough. So when he min raises me here I decide he's got nothing and I'll try to push him off with nothing. Unfortunately he doesn't want to cooperate and I have to fold with a bit of $$ in the middle. When he makes the 4th min bet he could have anything from JT and the nuts to complete air. I would catch him a bit later for another $20 so I guess I got this money back before I left the table.

I'll give this month's final numbers on Friday night since I won't be playing again til Monday.

2 comments:

Icemonkey9 said...

Welcome to the cool kids club. I am on a tear since moving over and you are completely right man, people drop their poker IQ by about 30 to 40 points as soon as they remove those 3 seats from the table. At 6max since moving over I'm on a 16bb/100 run over 5 days. Personally I think you should consider moving to 6max and joining Stox.

WVHillbilly said...

Well, I'm already a member at Stox (free from my rakeback site) and I'll admit I have been giving 6max some thought. I thinking I'll set a goal next month to play at least 5k hands at 6max and we'll see how it goes from there.