August 4, 2008

Calling 3 Street Against A TP = Dumb = Me

We'll I've played 2 small session since my amazing run on Friday with mixed results. Saturday's session ended with me being up $115 in 500 hands (23.5BB/100), while Sundays session cost me $91.50 in 580 hands (-15.75BB/100). So the month so far is still VERY far above expectations but there has been a bit of a correction. I guess 53BB/100 wasn't sustainable after all!

Anyway here's a hand that I think I misplayed totally postflop:



The villain here is Tight-Passive player (12/4/1 over 150 hands) who's probably never double barreled in his life, yet I decide that calling 3 bets against him is smart. I'm actually a little surprised he bet on all 3 streets with "only" TPTK. I expect to win this hand almost never. Definitely a losing play against this type of player.

I also played for about 5 hours at a friends home game Saturday night. I ended up losing $40 (AK < 75) but the real interesting thing was that I decided to keep track of the number of hands we managed to play, using chips as a makeshift abacus. This is your typical pass-the-deal home game and we managed only 72 hands. Yes, just under 15/hour. I knew it was slow but I never realized how slow until last night. It's no wonder it seems like I only play about 2 hands/hour there, it's because I do!

1 comment:

bw07507 said...

looks like 50NL is going well for u. Keep up the good work!