August 11, 2008

Finally...I Luck Into A Winning Session

So early this morning I played a 415 hand session ending UP $76 (18.25BB/100). I played ok, but I probably could have done better. It just feels good to win again.

I did get extremely lucky in one hand:



The villain here is tight (11/10/3) and 3betting preflop probably should be my standard play. I of course decide to just call and then we get all-in when he hits his set (I'm not down on the all-in call because he would have done the same with a SD, FD , QQ, and maybe AJ with the A of clubs). The turn of course saves me $25 and makes the session look $50 more profitable.

Undoubtedly the worst thing I did during this session was this hand:


I have no business flatting the bbs 3bet. I'm not getting any kind of odds to set mine and the cutoff could still 4bet me out of the hand. Plus I'll be in horrible relative position postflop no matter how favorable it may be. It all adds up to being a horrible call.

No comments: