August 14, 2008

My Bad Play Gets Rewarded

I had an overall good session tonight with only a few mistakes and some really big hands. I ended up $113 over 500 hands (23.9BB/100). I had some luck (a little bad and a little good) but generally I played good poker overall. I focused on putting my opponents on hands and then bluffing, folding, or value betting accordingly. At micro stakes online poker, that's really all that's necessary to be a winner.

I mentioned a few mistakes and a little good luck. Well today dumbest thing illustrates both:



Calling his 3bet preflop is a real loser. Even if I can count on stacking both players (almost impossible) I'm not getting the odds I'm looking for to set mine. This hand came on the heels of winning a big pot on another table and sometimes when that happens I get a little winner's tilt and go crazy. It's nice to win these but it's horrible to know I made a pretty big mistake to get there.

Anyway, I'll post the ugliest graph you've ever seen tomorrow for my mid month update. Just a little preview, so far this month I'm running at just under 2BB/100! I don't even want to think about my monthly goals.

2 comments:

Curtis Jones said...

What happened to the hand...I can't play it :(

good stuff though +100$ for a session is good imo..

WVHillbilly said...

Try reloading KC it replays fine here???

Basically I called a 3bet with TT and hit a set on the flop against KK. I won his stack but it wasn't big enough to make my preflop call correct.