August 6, 2008

Does Playing Bad Lead to Running Bad

Something I've noticed for a while now. When I'm playing bad (I mean at my worst), I end up taking more bad beats than when I am playing well. I think it may have to do with table image. People, even at micro stakes NL, notice when you say call down with an underpair or push on the turn with a OESD with little chance your opponent will fold and they tend to stick around long enough maybe catch those hands that beat you.

I unfortunately noticed this again tonight. I played horribly tonight dropping $157 in just over 600 hands (-26BB/100). Along the way I made terrible plays and bluffed entirely too much. But I also had people calling me down with middle pair and catching their 2nd pair on the river. These are players with decent stat too, not just the calling stations. Basically my horrid image had made it right for them to call me down with little to nothing because well let's just say they had plenty of implied odds :( .



This one's bad. I think I had some major tilt issues by the time this hand rolled around and damn it I was going to keep betting till he folded. Of course that didn't happen. Good thing I didn't have a deeper stack here. I wouldn't have stopped. Please take my $$ sir.

No comments: