August 15, 2008

Running Backwards and Mid Month Update

I've figured out my current problem, I'm running backwards. What the hell does that mean you say? Well it means that when I get my $$ in as a big favorite I'm getting beat and losing stacks
and when I'm getting in with the worst of it, I'm sucking out (sometimes pretty hard)


The 1st hand above is from a session I played late last night. I finished down $77.60 over 570 hands (-13.7BB/100). I never mind getting AI with KK and when he turned over Queens I figured I was good, but then I forgot I was running backwards.

Hand #2 is from tonight's session (up $62.15 over 357 hands) and looks much worse than I thought at the time. The villain here had pushed KK earlier into an Ace high flop and was called but hit a King on the river to win. She's also lost more than she gain with A-rag several times and I thought I had her range crushed with AJ here. When she flipped AA I nearly shed a tear, but then I remembered that I was running backwards. It's hands like these that make me glad I turn off chat when I play.

My mid month update is somehow uglier than hand #2 above! Here's the graph:


My goals are in shambles and I doubt any of them are realistic now other than maybe the number of hands goal. What I really need now is a heater like I had for the 1st 2 days of the month!

Here's to hoping that I at least get turned around and start running forward for the rest of the month.

2 comments:

Icemonkey9 said...

Yeah I'm not a fan of Hand #2. I feel like I can't comment on too many of the hands you post on your blog because it's like beating a dead horse.

But really ... limp + raiser and you flat call (yes with position) with AJo? Not sure what the plan was but that's a pretty hairy situation for me thats for sure.

Anyways, looks like you are going through icemonkey9 syndrome. After reading a few articles at 2+2 and realizing that 10K to 20K breakeven stretches are perfectly normal, I feel better. I am glad you don't have the mood swings like I do, stay an emotional rock.

WVHillbilly said...

Believe me I'm not a fan of hand #2 either. It was just one of those times when I'd seen the villain giving away stacks with less so I thought I might be getting in good. BTW I didn't post it but villain was 63/12/4 over about 55 hands.

I try to think through my my tilty thoughts before posting, where it seems that you just go and dump what's in your head at the moment. It makes for some good and interesting reading anyway. :)