August 1, 2008

July Wrap-Up And August Goals

Ok, all I'll say about the last few days is they sucked hard. I've dropped a total of $70 since my last update and I've been all over the place on a huge rollercoaster ride. Tonight's session for example stared with dropping 2 full BIs in 10 hands! QQ less than JJ when he flopped a set and KK less than AA when I didn't get my set!

Here's how my goals played out:

1) Play 15,000 hands - Passed easily (21,307)

2) Clear my mid-year $100 bonus - Done with ease

3) Maintain a 6BB/100 win rate - Managed all month until my last session (5.9) :(

4) Grow my BR by $450 - Yes. Total BR gain with rakeback and bonus - Stox fee = $909

5) Be ready and rolled to play 50NL by the end of July (BR > $1500) - Started at 50NL on 7/18/08

6) Make finding hands to post here everyday harder for myself - Failed miserably.

So a mixed month all told and the end of the month really put a bit of a damper on things. Here is the graph:


August Goals

1) 15,000 hands at 50NL

2) Withdrawal 1/2 of my August profit (or $500 whichever is less)

3) Maintain a win rate of at least 5.5 BB/100

4) Grow my bankroll by $500 after withdrawal

5) Quit spewing chips pushing with under pairs and crap draws (they're not going to fold)

6) Tilt less.

7) Post at least 5 hands for analysis on CC

8) Watch a ton of videos over at Stox.

4 comments:

Jurn8 said...

Nice profits mate thats pretty cool! noticing your spewing in a few hand replays below i have the same problem atm its so annoying but will hopefully cut that out in August!
GL for august mate

Unknown said...

Grats on a pretty solid month. My graph, if I had one, would unfortunately look like the bell curve of a normal distribution. I ended July just about break even at the rings (but up $1k in the Sunday Warmup). That 17 buy-in downswing I mentioned in the blog was more than I could handle recovering from in a week and a half. :)

bw07507 said...

Thats a sick winrate man. Does that include rakeback??

WVHillbilly said...

Thanks guys. I know it was a good month it just ended so badly that it left me feeling bad about it when I should have looked at the overall picture.

No BW the 5.9BB/100 does not include RB. RB last month would equal about 1BB/100 more.