August 22, 2008

Oh No, We Suck Again


August sucks. I haven't posted in days, because well, there just nothing good to say. Since my last post I've dropped $301 in just under 1900 hands (-16BB/100). On the month I'm down $45 before rakeback. In my largest losing session since my last post (-$180) I had not 1 but 2 full houses beat by quads! And then I started tilting and bluffing away stacks. Just really, really ugly.

Worst hand? Hell there all bad right now. Here's a random one for you:


Horrible. This was from the session where I dropped the $180 and was one of those tilty, make no sense bluffs I was talking about.

Well, it's Friday night so I guess I should go see if the fish are biting. Hopefully, I don't get eaten.

2 comments:

bw07507 said...

Tough luck man, I also had a nice little downswing today. Dropped over $300 in one sitting of 50NL. And like you, I also start to get super bluffy when I lose a lot which just compounds the problem. Probably could've limited my losses to 200 or less if I didnt go nuts bluffing every pot. I had a couple hands that went just like that AJ one u posted.

All I can say is don't worry about what happened today as you can't do anything to change it. Only thing u can do is try to play your best the next time you play.

Sean said...

Maybe I was smart when I went -53 down and quit for the day. AJo in the SB raising against 4 limpers, a scary scary situation if you get a caller. I've found min-raises on a flop like that to almost exclusively be sets vs competent opponents.

Well dude keep the positive attitude. Personally I'm excited to be moving to 6max. And yes August is just some weird horrible month for poker for us all apparently.