August 13, 2008

Couple Of Sessions With Very Little Luck

Well 2 session with a total loss of $39 over a total of 800 hands (-4.9BB/100). I've played decently and actually have won a few stacks but it seems like I'm losing just as many and quite often, at least recently, it when I'm getting my $$ in VERY good. So I'm not going to beat myself up over this loss. I know that if I keep getting my chips in this good things are going to turn sharply upward sooner or later. :)

I had bigger losers today but I think this hand illustrates a real issue I have too often:



Our villain here is pretty laggy (29/23/3) and will likely bluff raise this turn often enough to make my second barrel very -Ev. We likely only get a fold from this villain if he holds a pocket pair under 99 and even then he'll bluff raise sometimes. Check/folding here saves us a bet and occasionally we'll get to SD without putting any more (or at least much more) money in the pot. Bad turn bet.

I also decided to join the Cardschat Tuesday Full Tilt night free roll tonight. Man I hate tourneys any more but it's always nice to play with the great people from CC. It's the only time I even turn on my chat anymore and I really enjoyed it even though I busted out around 50th when I pushed with AQ v AT v AK and AK held. So rigged. :)

No comments: