August 2, 2008

God, I LOVE Friday nights!!!

First off let me start by saying that this is not going to be my normal blog posting. This post is a celebration. You see I just had my biggest single session ever finishing up $335 over 625 hands (53.75, totally sustainable, BB/100). What a way to start the month.

So anyway what I'm going to do tonight is show you every stack I won. I knew the night was going to be good when this was my very 1st hand of the night:



I know I rail against slow playing your monsters but with so many limpers here I figured at least 1 of them would bet the flop or that maybe someone would make their flush. When we were raised on the turn I knew he had a Queen and wanted to get it all-in before a flush card came out to scare him off. 1 hand, 1 stack! Next!



At the time made the call (well raised by $4 technically) I didn't feel great about this one, but I honestly thought he was on an overpair with a single spade. Needless to say I was thrilled when he turned his cards over.



This hand is a little different. Our villain here is like 6/5/.3 over 125 hands, so I knew going in I likely didn't have the best hand but I also knew that I could probably take the pot away by just showing max aggression on a scary flop. Well then I went and flopped good (that's the secret of poker kids) and he never bet or raised but he did call all the way, including the over the top push on the end. I noted that I couldn't steal pots from him but that he would pay off value bets all day long. :)



Villain here was a total idiot (85/17/4 over 60 hands). I knew he'd call the flop bet with nearly any pair or even a weak draw but even I was surprised how light he called down. Thank you sir. May I have another?



Yeah I know it's not technically a stack job but it's basically a full buy-in so I'm counting it. :) Anyway, out villain here is nitty and normally very aggressive (10/9/5.5 over about 300 hands), so calling with any pair is a no brainer. He checks into 3 callers, I'm sure hoping to Check-Raise, only to have everyone check behind and allows me to get that beautiful turn card. I debated raising the turn but honestly I was scared that if we got our stacks in my boat wouldn't be the winner (yes, I played a FH for pot control!). I was very glad to see him just call on the river. If he had shoved there, I would have shit myself.

So those are the big ones. Yes there were other stacks taken but mostly from horrible short-stackers and I won't bore you with me getting AIPF with AQ vs a horrible (90/25/1) shorty who had AT and taking his $10 for the sixth time in the session.

I think I love August (at least so far)!

2 comments:

Icemonkey9 said...

Wow! Wow!! This is great seems like the tides are turning finally! Great job getting the money in there with the best hands. Seems like on Friday and Saturday nights the juiciest fish come swimming in the waters. Again, congrats, and enjoy the heater :)

Anonymous said...

enjoying reading your blog. found it from Zachvac's page. a good read.

FS