July 30, 2008

Some 6-Max And Fighting My Way Back To Even

As I mentioned yesterday I've decided to play at least 1000 hands of 6-max for c9h13no3's break out of your comfort zone challenge. So last night was my 1st session. I ended up playing 264 hands and winning $25.80 (19.5BB/100) on 4 tables in about 40 minutes. I actually recorded the session and I plan to add commentary and make it available this weekend. My stats over this shortish session were 23/21/4 with 11% 3bet. So still pretty tight but it seemed so loose to me since my usual stats are like 15/12/4. I hit a few big hands and only made one major mistake in my opinion. Here it is:



Calling his river bet here is pretty spewy. I was very surprised to see him play QQ this way. Had he 3bet preflop, we would have flipped for stacks because there is no doubt I would have pushed. Oh well, can't be expected to play them all correctly.

So after that 6-max session, I opened 8 FR NL50 tables and went into extreme freefall. At 300 hands into the session I was down ~$90 but I stuck with it, quit doing everything wrong and managed to turn the session around actually finishing up $6,85 after 553 hand (1.25BB/100). I guess considering the way I started the session I can't really complain about the end result. Here is the worst hand I played (warning this hand should not be viewed by women or children):



What can I say other than dumb. To my opponent in this hand I say you're welcome.

In better news, I did cross the $500 MGR threshold this month which means I'll get an extra $25 from my rakeback site for my monthly Stox Poker membership. I've been doing a ton of studying on there lately and I really think the videos they produce over there will help my bottom line. Maybe there will be a video about not pushing with pocket eights.

No comments: