June 10, 2008

Bad Bet?

Another decent night tonight. Up a ~$25 over 600 hand (8ptbb/100). Could have been much better but got hit with set over set once and had top set lose to a rivered straight, but such is poker. Whenever I get sucked out on I think of a time when I did the same or worse to someone else and I quickly put it aside (generally anyway!).

Anyway tonight's dumb play is really more a questionable play than anything. Our villain here is 35/13/1.5 (we don't know this at the time of the hand as we just sat down) so basically he could have almost anything here including the dagger card (any ten). We have tons of showdown value and if our villain decides to bluff all-in on the river we basically have to fold. So I think the real mistake I make here is reopening the bet on the river.



Our opponent folds this time but checking behind to see the SD probably makes the most sense, although if we think he might call with 2 pair betting for value could be correct. As you can see I'm still torn about the best play on the river here. I think I'll post this one on CC for some HA.