June 27, 2008

I'm Dumb Even When I Double Up

Another OK session tonight. I ran just under 5 ptbb/100 over 550 hands for a total profit just over $14. Yay. I played decent for the most part and hit a few big hands. I did stack with AKs preflop and lost the coin flip when the villain (a total lagtard) showed QQ. Meh. I did run into icemonkey9 tonight as he sat at 1 of my tables for a bit. He was only at the table for about 44 hands and he played extremely tight playing only 4 hands the entire time at the table.

Tonight's chosen hand really doesn't look dumb at all at first glance. I call a bet set mining and get all in when I hit. Pretty standard really.



Do you see why this hand was the dumbest thing I did today? Notice my stack size. I started the hand with only $18.40. I had just lost a decent pot with AK and failed to reload (I normally use a script for this purpose but forgot to start it tonight). This mistake likely cost me $6.60 or 13 big bets. That's a fairly large mistake to make considering it really had nothing to do with the way I played the hand itself.

Playing live tomorrow night at a friends house. Should be interesting as I haven't played live in 3 weeks (a long time for me). I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Icemonkey9 said...

Good to see you at the tables. Sorry I didn't get any cards. My line at your table was like 7/4/0 over those hands ... but during the same session at another table it was 30/20/inf. Go figure.

Yeah that reload script cost you there didn't it. Weird thing happened to me last night as I picked up QQ in early pos, and then timed out due to some weird FT disconnect, and it auto-mucked the hand. That sucked.

GL in your live game!

WVHillbilly said...

I was disconnected twice last night. I thought at the time it was my router (I mentioned this to you as we were playing) but now I'm not so sure.

I looked at my stats after I made this post last night and discovered that I was almost 2 buy-ins under EV during last nights session. Maybe tonight will be the night when some positive variance turns my way!