June 25, 2008

Nothing Dumb? No I Just Fell Alseep!

So I'm playing 8 tables on Full Tilt last night at around 1 AM. I'm down about $40 and I don't think I'm playing particularly bad, just running into the nuts with 2nd best hands, KK v AA, the usual cooler type stuff. I'm probably 550 hands into what I think will be a 750 hand session and that's when it happens, I fall asleep on the couch. I wake up 2 hours later, tables still open (I've timed out long before), feeling stiff and sore. I shut everything down and stumble off to bed.

What does this tell us? That the dumbest thing I did yesterday was playing poker when I'm too tired to stay awake at the tables. I'm often fond of playing these late night sessions but I think I need to wrap my games up before passing out. It also shows that if the body needs sleep we're helpless to fight it.

I'd also like to mention that FPaulsson has decided that he no longer has the time he feels is needed to write the Cardchat Blog. His insights and analysis will surely be missed, but he has promised to post to his own blog, Fredrik Paulsson, more often. I know I'll be looking forward to reading anything he posts there.

Maybe after I play tonight, I'll post an actual hand. That is if I don't fall asleep first.

2 comments:

ChuckTs said...

Sounds like you're gettin old, WV :)

WVHillbilly said...

It's hell getting old. One day you young guys will find out. I figure my age costs me 1.25 ptbb/100. :)