June 21, 2008

The Gods Must Be Angry

Dropped $110 tonight in ~750 hands (-30 ptbb/100). Some BIG suckouts and some dumb play. I'm fairly certain I've offended some higher power with my brag post yesterday and for that I humbly submit to your awesomeness. I had to go to our DC office again this afternoon to fix that same damn server (hopefully permanently this time), so the whole day sucked. I missed the rehearsal for my buddies wedding tomorrow. I had to fight DC traffic for the 2nd time this week. The seatbelt in my car won't come out, so I'll likely get pulled over and ticketed soon. Then to top it off I come home and drop 4+ buy-ins! Actually now that I think about my last horrible session was the last time I went to DC. Hmmmmm...coincidence?

I'm going to do 2 things I've never done thus far on this blog. 1st I'm going to post a bad beat (I think this one fits any definition of bad beat) and 2nd I'm going to post 2 hands. Both hands will feature the same villain (59/24/2.5).



Yuck! I get sick just looking at it. We're about 92% to win after the flop and 18% after the turn. Of course it's the 0% on the river that counts! I guess you could say that I should have folded to the buttons 3bet but I called only because I knew he would have a wide range because of his past history with the villain (basically the villains huge stack was taken from the button on some vicious suckouts). The button in this hand starts talking about how mondaymonkey is cheating and that he knows what's coming and blah, blah, blah. I hate when people tap the tank so I just told him I thought it was a good push by the villain and that most of the time everyone will just fold and he'll win the pot. Of course I believe none of this but I really do want this guy to keep pushing with air.

Ok now ~35 minutes later again with the same players as last hand.



WTF am I thinking? I don't know. I know that the best I can hope for is a flip. I know that occasionally the worst players get the best hand. I know that I wanted to "beat" this lucky SOB. I know that I wasn't going to be pushed around. I know that I stopped playing good solid poker the minute this guy hit his runner-runner in the previous hand! This one's all on me.

So there it is. More than half of tonight's losses in 2 hands all to 1 very bad player.

No poker tomorrow due to the wedding, so no post. I'll be back again late Sunday / early Monday. Oh yeah and thanks to IceMonkey9 for stopping by this table in the middle of the madness just to say hey. Make sure you check out his blog (he should really be a writer or something) :)

1 comment:

Icemonkey9 said...

Dude that runner runner beat was as disgusting as it gets. It made me sick to watch it. Thanks for the shout out. I was actually data-mining and spotted you so I thought to say hey ;)

We should play together sometime, just sit at some tables together and discuss plays.