June 11, 2008

Call Me Station, Calling Station.

First, just a quick update on yesterday's post. Seems everyone over at Cardschat thinks we need to bet for value on the river, so maybe it wasn't the dumbest thing I did yesterday after all! If your interested the discussion thread is here.

Another very solid day today. +$40 in a little under 650 hands (12.5 ptbb/100). Few big hands but mostly small gains with the occasional loss. Recently I have been adding more tables to my normal game (played 8 tonight) and I have found that so far my bb/100 has gone UP! I think the main reason is that I'm playing a slightly tighter game and not getting myself into as many sticky situations with trouble hands (KJ,KQ,AT,AJ) because I'm only playing them in late position. This hurts the blog but helps my bottom line (screw the blog!).

On to today's stupidity. After our villain calls our cbet we really shouldn't ever call his bet on the turn without VERY strong reads. We're drawing to at best 6 outs and none of them can be considered clean, so at best we have about a 12% chance of winning after the turn. We could also be drawing dead.



Even with hitting the ace on the river we should probably still fold this because there are almost no hands that bet this river that we beat. That's just another reason to fold the turn, because now we've hit our hand and we're still almost always behind. Of course the calling station in me pays him off on the river because I just had to see it (very dumb).

No comments: