June 14, 2008

Getting All-In With Five Duece Offsuit!

Decent session tonight. Got back yesterday's loses and then some. Up ~$50 in 880 hands (11 ptbb/100). I figured out that the weekend crowd can't be bluffed but they will pay off when we hit. So I don't know that I made more than a couple of bluffs all night (I'm including things like double barreling here) but I did value bet any time I had TPGK or better. Need to remember to loose a little of my normal aggression when I don't have a hand against the drunker than usual weekender's.

Tonight's dumb play has us getting all-in crazy on the flop in a limped pot with bottom 2. I don't know how often our villain here (50/4/6) gets all-in with a hand that we beat (probably not too many in a limped pot) but I do know our deuces are very vulnerable to being counterfeited even if we are ahead on this flop.



Tomorrow (well today) is a good friend's bachelor party so no posts. I'll be very drunk and asleep in a tent at this time tomorrow. I'll check back in here with some other stupid move on Sunday, no doubt.

No comments: