June 12, 2008

We're Absolutely Crushed By His Range

Another terrific day at the tables. I ran amazingly well and finish 641 hand +$80 (25 ptbb/100)! I had great cards. I hit sets. I sucked out when I needed to in some huge pots (My KK v villains AA was my biggest winner when I flopped a set). Truly easy money when even your dumb plays get rewarded. Such is the case with tonight's entry.

Our villain is well-known to us as a very tight aggressive short-stacker. We've got 700 hands on him and his stats are 7/6/4! He always buys in for 20 big blinds and leaves when he doubles. So basically he plays the short-stack well. So when he pushes over our raise here we can narrow his range to something like JJ+/AK. Our AQo doesn't fair to well against that range (something like 25% equity).



So of course with our 28% equity (actually slightly better than against his whole range) we make a dumb call and get rewarded. Basically we've made a $3.75 call with an expected value of $2.85 (EV -.90). Pretty dumb.

No comments: