June 3, 2008

Ohhhh, You Have a King?

Got in a lot of hands (667) hands today. I'm trying to play 10,000 total this month while maintaining my 6ptbb/100 win rate. Up $35 overall or about 10 ptbb/100 on the day. Should have been a lot more. Took a bad beat for about $20 when my Queens full of sixes ran into quad sixes which is absolutely standard and just part of the game. The real huge mistake I made today actually cost me more (~$28) and I had so much less.



Alright I'd like to say this hand isn't as bad as it looks, but it's close. I had a good read on the villain here and really thought he was bluffing. He'd been caught earlier (maybe 40 hands prior) in a similar pot. He 3 barreled that hand as well and showed an unimproved AQ. So this was my chance to make the hero call! They call it a hero call because just like running into a burning building can be dangerous it's totally worthwhile when you save the kid. They never mention the times the kid escaped unnoticed and you burn up looking for the little bastard.

This hand did have some good side effects because everybody want to pay with the idiot who though TT was good on a K high board. I got no lack of action after this one and made a few bucks back, but nothing close to what I lost on this hand. I MUST eliminate these huge loses with only a single pair if I hope to continue building both my bankroll and my game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"They never mention the times the kid escaped unnoticed and you burn up looking for the little bastard. "

LOL!! Great analogy.