June 26, 2008

Blind Aggression Can Be Expensive

Well I somehow managed to stay awake through tonight's entire session and ended up just slightly ahead of where I started (+2ptbb/100 over 800 hands). Before I started playing tonight I looked back through my last few sessions and noticed that I was going to show down a little too often (~26%) over my last 2500 hands and my SD winnings were suffering because of it. So tonight I made a conscious effort to avoid calling those ever so expensive river bets without BIG hands (Well there was 1 exception but we'll discuss that hand shortly). My WTSD stat was 23.5% and I seemed to be making better decisions overall.

In other news I also broke down and purchased Holdem Manager tonight (thanks Chuck for pointing it out and I wonder if HM gives you commission on all the sales you made at CC). Although since I didn't get the key until a few minutes ago I had to play with PT3 which oddly enough only crashed once tonight. A new record! I need to import all my hands into HM and I think I'll still keep importing to PT3 as well because I'm fairly certain that once they get their issues sorted I'll go back to it. I really just like the interface so much better, but it's the HUD that wins the $$ and it's the HUD that's broke in PT3. Sux. I did only buy the Small Stakes version of HM which only works up to 50NL because it was slightly cheaper ($55) and can be upgraded for an additional $25, so there is no penalty costs associated. Since I'm still playing 25NL at the moment and I likely will be moving up to 50NL next month (that's the plan anyway) it should serve my purposes, for a while anyway.

Now on the stupidity. This hand is one of those blind v. blind hands where 1 blind is trying to rep a big hand while the other actually has it.



I hate villains who flat call with AK! I'm too dumb to see it. Calling his min raise of my cbet here is fairly bad but could someone please explain what my dumb ass was doing on the turn AND THE RIVER?? I really have no clue what I put him on that might call 2 bets but fold on the river because almost nothing does. Just a really really bad play by me here.

No comments: