June 19, 2008

I Run Goot But Can't Fold TT

Ok, still using Holdem Manager as described in yesterday's post and still running hotter than a half-fucked fox in a forest fire (a favorite saying of my father-in-law). I played only 1 hour on 7 tables for a total of 350 hands and ran over 55 ptbb/100 for a total profit just over $95! I'm still not sold on HM but I must admit I like the results! :)

In tonight's session I won BIG pots. Three times I won a 100bb+ stack and only once did I give a stack away (nut flush to rivered FH on paired board). Winning big pots is the #1 key to playing profitable poker. If you're afraid to get all your money in without the immortal nuts you're undoubtedly losing value. I'll often overbet pots on the river with really goods hands because you just never know what your opponent may just call with. I probably lose a few $$ now and then when my opponent may have called a small 1/2 pot bet but I more than make up for it when some yo-yo calls my 6x pot bet with top pair.

Now that I'm done telling you how wonderful I am (cough...lucky...cough), let me show you a horrible calling station at work.



Ok, I have no problem with my play up to the river. We make our cbet on the flop that isn't raised so we call a bet on a turn that could easily be a bluff or a hand worse than ours, but when our villain bets this river we need to let our pretty pocket pair fall into the muck. I'm basically calling here just to see what he has, when I already know what he has; A better hand than mine.

On yet another positive note my roll on Tilt has now gone over $900 (should be more but I financed a friend a few months ago) and it's looking like NL50 isn't out of the question by the end of the month. I plan to move up at 22 buy-ins ($1100) and back down (if necessary) at 18 buy-ins ($800). I've never played beyond NL25 (nope not even once) so there certainly could be some adjustment period. I hope I'll find out before too long.

Edit: 2 hours after the above post I'm up another $98+ on 550 hands and the roll now sits at over $1000! Yay me!

No comments: