June 16, 2008

Mid-Month Update and Success Makes Me Stupid

Ok, still a little hung-over from last night. Not your traditional bachelor party (no hookers or blow) but still a good time. Ended up being 10 of us there. All high school buddies, just sitting around by a fire at the river, drinking keg beer, and telling stories from our wasted youth. Great memories.

Now for a little mid-month poker update. I'm set to meet or exceed all my goals for the month. I wanted to play 10,000 hands at 6 ptbb/100. We so far I've played 8700 hands at 7.9 ptbb/100! Playing to hit the gold medal level this month really has me playing a lot more hands than I normally would. Adding tables (currently 8 at a time) to do it in the time I have available should really help my $/hr (currently $11.50) from now on. It's just too bad my 1st 2000 hands where break-even or I might be playing NL50 by now (originally a goal for next month). Anyway here is my graph thus far.



Ok, now on to what makes this blog, something dumb that I did today! So I'm running like Apollo tonight (+$90 on the night on 1000 hands) and everything is going my way when I run into the following hand. I've got a good number of hands on the villain and I know he plays tight and passive (14/7/1) so my flop check/raise here accomplishes nothing but giving away $$. I should have just cbet and then thrown this one away if he raised and moved on. Oh well, if I didn't do anything stupid I'd be out of things to write about and I might get bored just counting my money! :)

2 comments:

Icemonkey9 said...

Funny how one hand can crush ya there just for trying to take some initiative. Better too agressive than too passive, right?

Also , wtf, is cocaine and prostitutes the norm for bachelor parties out in the hills?! For mine me and my friends went to an Angels baseball game and then all hung out into the wee hours playing ... you guessed it ... poker!

Anyways man good to see you are running so well when I feel like I am in a total rut. I have no idea what happened to my game but i need a shot of confidence for sure.

WVHillbilly said...

Well in this case my play was too aggressive for the opponent I was up against. The merely slightly aggressive cbet / fold to reraise would have cost me $3 instead of $9.

Sorry to hear you're running bad. Just keep playing your best and avoiding stupid mistakes and it will turn around.