June 28, 2008

Live Report and SnG Bubble Stupidity

Last night went OK. Busted out of the tourney pretty early down $35 ($40 entry but I collected one $5 bounty). So as I sitting there waiting for a cash game to get going one of the guys I play with regularly asks if I want to a play heads-up .25/.50 game. I say sure, but then he only buys in for $20, so I do the same. Third hand of our little game I pick up 99. Brad (pronounced B-Rad) calls the blind and I raise to $2. He glares at me but calls. Flop is 4, 7, 8 rainbow. I bet $3 and Brad raises to $6 (in our games a min raise is actually called a Brad and he'll do it with anything) so I push and he calls instantly showing 47os for 2 pair. I'm sick. Turn 10. River 6. He starts to rake the chips when I ask him what he thinks he doing while pointing out my straight. He starts saying how sick it is and on and on before I remind him that he's the one who was lucky enough to flop 2 pair with 47. He buys another $20 and we continue.

When all was said and done around 3AM this morning I was up $20 on the night having erased my tourney loses and won a few bucks playing cash. I got back home just before 4:30 this morning and slept till just after noon. I'm getting ready to head to my parents river lot with the wife and a few friends to drink the night away on their boat while watching a local fireworks display. America...Fuck Yeah!

So without any real time to play a cash game session I decide to play a $24 turbo donk and go on Full Tilt. Things were going ok and I'd been up and down a little when the following hand occurred.



This is my lack of SnG prowess coming through. I should have never pushed this preflop. Accepting a coin flip for my tourney life on the bubble with a medium pair is just bad play. I'm short but there is one player in worse shape. I think if I'm going to continue to dabble in SnGs I really need to study up on ICM.

Since I won't be playing a cash session today I'm going to finish the month just shy of a gold medal. That means that I'll have a $100 mid-year bonus to clear next month instead of $125. No biggie but gold would have been nice.

No comments: