June 18, 2008

The Perfect End to a Horrible Day

What a terrible day. 1st I called in sick this morning because the installer was coming to hook up my satellite internet access. I had been on dial-up before (what can I say I live in the woods). He was supposed to arrive between 8 AM - Noon. He got here at 12:30 (so just a little late. Anyway my work called me at least 10 times before he arrived so when he was done and my phone stopped ringing I thought it was time to get in some hands. Wrong. I fired up Tilt and before I had picked my first table my cell rang. It was work. Our content filter / rules based firewall had crashed in our Falls Church VA office. All internet connectivity to the internet for that office was cutoff. After an initial attempt or 2 to "fix it" over the phone I had to accept the fact that I was going to have to drive 2 hours into DC to resolve the problem myself. So after a quick stop y my local office for some utilities and software, I was on my way to DC. I fucking hate driving in DC. People who do it everyday should be committed immediately.

So I pull into our offices down there at 5:30PM and finally get the problem (corrupted software registry hive) resolved at 9PM. After getting everything running smoothly again and testing it all I pulled out of the parking lot at 9:45 and got back home just slightly before 11:30 and I still hadn't played a single hand of poker today! And from the way that worked out looks like I should have kept it that way!

I dropped 160bbs when I got all-in preflop with QQ to villain's AA. Normally that would qualify as dumb but the guy with the rockets range was HUGE (74/34/7) so I still feel it was the right play, just a little unlucky this time. Total loses on the day of nearly $35 but after reviewing the session I couldn't really find anything too dumb! I guess maybe this post is the dumbest thing I did today?

No comments: