July 6, 2008

Didn't Mean To Do That

Another 1076 hands for a $44 profit (8.25BB/100) between last night and today. I'm happy to be running so well (almost 13BB/100 so far this month) and clearing my bonus. I've cleared $26 of the $100 total thus far. I'm actually making fewer big mistakes and that is really the goal. Make fewer mistakes than your opponent and you win. Simple as that.

Of course fewer mistakes doesn't mean no mistakes (the unattainable goal imo) so I humbly submit today's example:



This was just a misclick that turned into my biggest winner on the day. I use an AHK script to auto call time and one of the things it does is cause the hand to pop to the front of screen. This time it happened just as I was clicking on another table. Very fortunate result but had the 4 not hit I would have simply folded the turn (I hope!). When you're hot, you're hot.

I would like to point out a GREAT blog post on Fredrik Paulsson's blog. The basic premise is on how far you plan / can / hope / intend / want to take your poker game. The post really deserves to be read and I wish it were posted permanently on CardsChat because it's the type of thing that nobody talks about but everybody should. Do yourself a favor and read it now.

Also as regular reader's know I'm hoping to move up to 50NL at the end of this month and I'd like your opinion on the number of buy-ins you feel comfortable with before you move up. So take a second and vote in the poll please.

6 comments:

ChuckTs said...

voted 30 but your BRM is a function of your comfort level as well as the math behind going busto, as I'm sure you know. Like I'm taking shots at 200nl right now with just under 20 buyins. Probably too large a portion of my BR, but I'm comfortable because I know I can step back down if I run bad.

Anyways glad you're moving up and taking shots - gl with 50nl WV!

Unknown said...

When you say "permanently posted" do you mean stickied? I did post it at CC. :)

WVHillbilly said...

Thanks Chuck. 30 is where I think I want to be as well. GL at 200NL I'm sure you'll crush it.

FP, stickied, golden archived, or whatever it just deserves to be read.

Jay said...

WV I'm a BR nit and I would have liked the option of 30+ ;), so I opted for 30.

WVHillbilly said...

I meant to put another option for more than 30 but I forgot. Sorry Jay.

Curtis Jones said...

Lol I love making mistakes that eventually pay off, I mean I doubt I was ever calling ther on the flop, even if it was just 1.00$ but o well you got payed lol.....

Haven't forgot about your blog, just forgot how much I enjoyed reading it lol