July 25, 2008

Running Bad Makes Me Play Even Worse

Well since my last totally up beat post I have yet to book a winning session! All told I am down $125 over 1000 hands (-12.5BB/100). Now some of this loss is certainly due to some variance (twice I've had sets of deuces lose to bigger sets) but a very large part of it has actually been some sick need I've had to make hero calls on the river. Trying to catch your opponent bluffing gets VERY expensive and I'm not sure why but I just can't keep my cursor away from the call button. A particularly bad example:



My God I'm like the biggest calling station on Earth. I have bottom pair on a flop that's all over a button raisers range and end up calling all the way. I beat nothing here but a bluff so I guess I put him on a bluff. Just bad.

I guess some of the cooler type hands had to be expected as I was just running too good for it to last long. Even with this horrible 1000 hands I'm still running at 6.5BB/100 at 50NL, although after paying Stox my BR is just above where it was when I moved up.

Well I'm getting ready to head out to a friends for some cash game poker. He's actually having a tourney tonight that started about 2 hours ago but since I hate his structure I made up an excuse to go late and just play cash with the early losers! Also tomorrow is Mrs. Hillbilly's 15th class reunion so who knows if I'll get a chance to update tomorrow or even play. Maybe I need a day off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was there a particular reason why you chose Stox over some of the more popular / better training sites?

I'd sign up just for Leatherass' vids but from what I have heard Stox is a poor cousin compared to the other sites available now.