July 17, 2008

Bottom Two; Rarely Good In A Big Pot

Well, today's 1st session was more of the same for me. Down and no where to go but down. Then a strange thing happened when I played today's 2nd session, I started winning and winning big. I caught cards, I hit sets, I made soul reading calls, I folded in all the right spot, and I managed to hang on to the profits. Total for today is +$72 over 910 hands (15.8BB/100). This erased my loses from yesterday and got me back on track to start 50NL VERY soon (I'll be within $70 once my bonus clears tomorrow). Should be interesting cause then you'll get to see me do stupid things in even bigger pots! Yay!

Anyway this is a hand from session 1 (the loser).



I make my standard opening raise from the SB (I open for 4x from any other position) and get a call from the BB (40/15/7). The flop is good for us giving us a pair and the flush draw. When the turn makes my second pair I think I went a little crazy with the check/raise all-in. It pretty much eliminates most hands we beat and gets called by hands that we fear most. Having the flush draw actually gives us some equity here but when that misses we've lost a 130bb pot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice run man. July continues to be the swingy month for me. Up, down. Up, DOWN. I think it'll be another full month before i can run at 50nl. Good luck bud.

WVHillbilly said...

Thanks, Ice. Just hang in there. From your lack of updates I take it you haven't been playing that much recently. Sometimes it's hard to stay consistent when you're playing infrequently.