July 13, 2008

Mini Cash Session, A Live Game, And a CC FR Cash

Only played a brief online session yesterday. I ended up losing about $16 in just over 400 hands (-8BB/100). I didn't play particularly well and was really just trying to rush through a session before I left for my buddies home game. Here is the worst hand of the session in terms of dollars lost and in the way I played it:



I'm not upset with losing this hand, just with the raise and subsequent call on the turn. Our opponent here is a little loose but I have yet to see him push a weaker hand than we have here. Calling his turn bet and then his bet of the river (assuming no club fell) would probably be a much more profitable line. Our equity drops on the turn a ton because we only have 1 card left to see. My entire session basically went from small winner to medium loser based on my play with this hand.

After ending my online cash session, I went to my monthly league game. I went out on the bubble (4th of 13) of tourney #1 and then followed that up with a horrible 1st out performance in tourney #2. I then played a .25/.50 cash game for 4 hours and won my tourney loses back but not much more. All in all a good night out with the boys with no money won or lost.

Earlier today I managed to take 5th ($13.50) in the CC OFC Freeroll. I played really tight and managed to find decent cards when I needed them. I won a few coin flips on my way to the final table and managed to bust one player out when I got there but in the end my 10 10 ran into a set of deuces and I was out. Many thanks to CC and Irexes, who's 3rd in the OFC Challenge ME, made the FR possible. I recorded the final table and plan to add commentary and post it to CC later this week.

2 comments:

Irexes said...

You're more than welcome WV and wp sir :)

WVHillbilly said...

Thanks.

I played in 2 satellites for the ME but failed to qualify. So I guess my net gain here was $2.50. Big time!