July 9, 2008

Ever Downward But I Think We're Slowing

Since my last update I've played 1000 hands and dropped another $22.55 or -4.5BB/100. I haven't won or lost a stack over that period and I haven't done anything to be ashamed of (which is something). I really don't feel like I'm playing bad and believe me I know what that is because I was just recently there. It just seems like when I hit a set no one has anything to call any bet with or when I hold KK and Ace falls with 2 callers and I have to try to get to SD cheaply or fold before I get there. I think I have run bad over the past couple of sessions but if I continue to play solid poker that will turn around.

Let see what was my dumbest play today? Probably this:


I failed to cbet with only 1 over (mistake #1) and then I make a bet that commits me to call the shorties shove on the turn (mistake #2). Oh well.

Glad to see that everyone, so far at least, thinks 30 buy-ins is the right number, now hopefully I can get there someday. Maybe it'll be before I have to drop down to 10NL. :)

Tomorrow is rakeback day! Just over $110 last month including my affiliate bonuses (couple of buddies). If anyone is interested in getting rakeback feel free to contact me here. I'd be more than happy to point you in the right direction. Hell I'll even give you my referral code (see what a nice guy I am)! Seriously though if you're thinking about adding a new site to your mix you need to at least look into getting rakeback. At 25NL it has added ~1BB/100 to my overall winnings (that's not paying the bills but with a small BR it's nothing to sneeze at either).

No comments: