July 21, 2008

Running Hot Makes Me Crazy

Quick update on Saturday night's live session; I killed it. I had cards most of the night. When I didn't have cards, I was aggressive and stole a few pots. I caught cards when I was WAY behind (my QQ > AA AIPF ~$45). All told I ended up over $200 (this is a .25/.50 cash game with 8 players). We ended up breaking up the game at 3AM after playing for 8 hours. It's always fun but when you're running as well as I was, it's amazing. Great time.

So I woke up late on Sunday and took the wife out for a great sushi lunch and then came home for a nap (what a tough life). After my brief rest I decided to jump on Tilt and play a little and again I ran insanely well, ending up $115 over 485 hands (24BB/100). I was running so great that I got stupid, here's proof:



This hand started as a bluff (I raise JTs from UTG almost never) and I got crazy with how far I was willing to take it. Of course I catch 1 of my 3 outs on the river and actually win a just under $70 pot (the replayer incorrectly shows the amounts so you'll just have to trust me). I guess this type of stupidity is a form of tilt (too successful tilt?). I can't even guess to explain my play here. Just one of those I'll push you off this pot spots, I guess. Really just bad play.

No comments: