July 1, 2008

July Starts Off As A Winner Despite A Horrible Play

So my 1st cash game hands in 4 days started down but ended up. Total winnings for the session were just under $60 on 533 hands or 22.2 BB/100. Sounds great except it could have been so much better had I not given 2 stacks away at nearly the same time to the exact same opponent (a 50/22/2 who will limp call with nearly anything). Yet as bad as he is, I'm sure he put me on his buddy list!

The first hand was rather standard with me flopping top 2 with AQ while he hit his set of sevens. Against his range stacking there certainly seemed appropriate. But then on another table this hand occurred:



I can't even explain what I was thinking here. Not betting the flop was a mistake. Pushing all-in on the turn was even more costly. So in 2 hands in the span of 1 minute I gave this guy $57. Luckily I was able to turn it around but saving myself even 1/2 of that amount would have made the night that much more profitable.

2 comments:

Icemonkey9 said...

If you ever get down on yourself for a 22bb/100 session again I am going to stop reading your blog. Apparently you are playing well man, and it looks like we both have a date with 50nl soon.

BTW that hand was pretty horrible.

WVHillbilly said...

I don't get down on myself (that would lead even worse play) but I do try to be objective enough to recognize the hands I misplay horribly. Besides you can't stop reading my blog, it's like a car accident that you just can't look away from. :)

Yeah, I saw your goals post and thought we should be moving up about the same time. You could get there sooner if you'd just play a little more often or added a few tables.

Thanks for the comment.