July 4, 2008

A Quick Update And Happy Independence Day

Let's see since I last updated I've played 1000 hands for a total profit of $101 (~20BB/100) and I dropped $70 in a friends tourney last night. I busted out of the tourney one off the bubble with my AKs losing to AJos when I was the 3rd biggest stack of the 6 remaining. A little frustrating but oh well. As for my online heater I've never hit so many sets in my life! I could do no wrong.

I sucked out in creative ways:


I found idiots willing to call down with almost nothing:


And sometimes I caught just the right card on the river:


Toward the end of my run I started getting WAY too overconfident and made a stupid play or two and gave away some profits:




This last one is particularly bad considering the villains stats (16/5/3) and the fact that I'd never seen him 3bet in 200+ hands. JJ probably should have been mucked preflop but God only knows what I was thinking calling his pot-sized flop bet. Well actually I do know. I was thinking I'm sure I'll hit my set on the turn here and double up. No such luck of course.

I'm getting ready to play today's session right now and then I've got to get ready for my big 4th of July shindig tonight. We're having about 20 friends over for too much food and too much alcohol. I'm sure I'll be a wreck tomorrow. :)

No comments: