July 29, 2008

What Goes Up....

... must crash back to Earth with a sickening thud! After I posted last night I decided to play a long session to try to earn a bunch of rakeback and maybe get my MGR up to $500 to pay for Stox this month. I ran insane. I finished up $215 over 1000 hands (21.5BB/100) and felt that I played very well throughout the session. I had my month's winnings up over $1000 and I was feeling great. Then today happened. I played 718 hands for a total loss of 186.05 (-26BB/100)!

Yes, some of the losses were standard cooler type hands. Some were suckout losses and some (most) were just bad play. For whatever reason I was back to calling down everything (WTSD over 33%) and I just kept spewing chips all over the place (W$SD under 35%). Here is the worst of it:



When I called the villain's 3bet preflop I said to myself that it was set or fold postflop and then I go a 3 barrel when the board is all unders. Just as I was about to throw the last of my stack away I though to myself that he probably had QQ and that I should just check fold but I didn't. Just couldn't do it. Spewtastic!

So thanks to this post by c9h13no3 on CC, I've decided that for the last couple of days of the month I'm going to try my hand at 6-max (I'm thinking 25NL). We'll see how it goes. I've always heard that 6-max has more horrible stacktastic donks per table than FR so I should fit right in.

No comments: