July 14, 2008

Stacking Preflop With AK

Since my last post I've played 1200 hands over 3 sessions for a net gain of $29 (4.75BB/100). Sessions 1 & 3 were swingy up/down affairs that barely showed $5 profit each. Session 2 was a little more steady and less stressful with $19 profit over 300 hands. The hand I'm going to highlight today is one that I'm not sure is a mistake. It's something I'm generally willing to do against most opponents on most occasions. I, of course, am referring to stacking preflop with AK. Here is the hand:



The table had been fairly loose and the 4bettor is a LAG (36/26/5). I guess with as wide as his range is stacking here is probably pretty standard but I wonder if our push 5bet pushes his calling range to the 2 hands we don't want to see? If we had flatted his preflop raise we're getting the rest in when the King hits the flop.

Anyway, tomorrow I'll give my mid month update and see how I'm fairing meeting this month's goals.

No comments: